Check here for available job openings with Kids Brain Health Network.
Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
About Kids Brain Health Network (KBHN)
About Us: Kids Brain Health Network (KBHN; formerly NeuroDevNet) was established in 2010 and funded by the NCE program as a network of researchers and clinicians seeking to understand brain development, with the specific goal of mobilizing this knowledge to improve the lives of children living with neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families.
Our Vision: All children living with neurodevelopmental disabilities enjoy quality of life, inclusion in all aspects of society and reach their full potential.
Our Mission: Through catalyzing collective action across sectors, KBHN ensures optimal care and better outcomes for children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families
What We Do:
Kids Brain Health is a national network of researchers and health professionals dedicated to helping children with neurodisabilities and their families. We fund collaborative research, train the next generation of developmental neuroscientists, and mobilize the knowledge we generate.
Our research makes earlier diagnosis possible. We evaluate new, more effective treatments, find out what works, and explore better ways to support children and their families. Together, we are changing lives.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications Coordinator supports KBHN strategic communications and marketing plans and is responsible for the development and implementation of internal and external communications for KBHN.
The Communications Coordinator focuses on implementation of key post-launch features of KBHN’s website, produces quality communications and marketing materials in digital and print formats, increases engagement with social media channels and helps maintain relationships among internal and external stakeholders.
Key Job Duties
- Maintains KBHN internal and external communications initiatives
- Plans and implements KBHN social media content and marketing platforms
- Researches, drafts and produces print and digital communications
- Develops the content for KBHN website and develops plans for new features and internal landing pages
- Directs and oversees the work of remote contractors including freelance writers, web developers, and graphic designers.
- Develops communications and promotional strategies for KBHN events and initiatives (including an annual conference) through email campaigns and social media
- Develops plans and communicate messages to promote awareness of KBHN initiatives and reputation
- Conducts the recruitment, interview and selection for summer students and supervises students
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Communications and/or Marketing role with direct responsibilities for developing and managing social media campaigns
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, marketing, digital and/or social media or a related field
- Experience in a non-profit organization, child health and/or research setting is an asset
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience in using social media and marketing online platforms (WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust quickly to changing circumstances
- Full time, 1-year term position. Potential for a term extension
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required
- Travel may be required
- Annual Salary: $55,000 per year
- Location: Simon Fraser University, Surrey Campus. Surrey, British Columbia
- Group Health Benefits Package and Pension Plan included
- This position is available immediately
Job Posting Closing Date: August 30, 2019.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line: “Communications Coordinator”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only qualified individuals will be contacted.