Conference Travel Scholarships
The Kids Brain Health Trainee Travel Scholarships are a way for us to connect with trainees interested in developmental neurosciences. Travel awards are offered to trainees who have joined our Trainee Network (as an Associate Trainee or Network Trainee) and are active in KBHN training events.
The Training Program is offering up to 20 travel scholarships (of up to $500) to help offset the cost of attendance at conferences, workshops, or courses with a focus on developmental and behavioral neurosciences or specialty conferences critical to career advancement. Applications are reviewed twice per year: September 1st for Fall/Winter Conferences and March 15th for Spring/Summer.
NOTE: the Fall 2018 deadline has been extended to Oct. 19!
- Applicants must be a Network/Associate Trainee Member
- One application may be submitted per student per year
- Students can apply before receiving acceptance to present at a conference.
- Preference will be given to students who are in the early stages of their academic career.
Please note that while priority will be given to those trainees presenting (talks or posters) at these conferences, the purpose of this travel award is to encourage our network trainees to attend these valuable networking and educational events.
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the Trainee Travel Application form
- Provide a copy of your presentation abstract
- Provide a cover letter from you and your supervisor
- Include an abbreviated C.V. with a recent publications list
- Send entire package as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Brain Health Lab Exchange Scholarships are a great way to enrich training, research career development and potentially strengthen collaborations across the KBHN community. Eligible opportunities should enhance training in basic and/or clinical approaches in developmental neurosciences or experience engaging with community organizations that collaborate with KBHN research programs.
The Lab Exchange Scholarship offers travel and accommodation support of up to $2000 (depending on duration and expressed need). Experiences could range from 2-3 days or 1-2 weeks in length, depending on the circumstances. Additional outside support is encouraged (i.e. Fellowship or Grant contributions, or institutional support are acceptable). For further information, contact email@example.com
How to Apply
- Download and fill out a Lab Exchange Application
- Write a cover letter explaining how this exchange fits into your career development and/or present research plan
- Include a Mentoring and Activity Plan, created along with your mentor and guest mentor
- Submit a letter from the host mentor, describing their specific role in your training and overseeing your exchange
- Include a budget request breakdown of required travel and accommodations, as well as any supporting funds you may receive from other sources
- Submit abbreviated CVs from yourself as the trainee, your supervisor and host exchange mentor.
Internships and Practicum Placements
We are looking for eager and enthusiastic trainees interested in exploring new paths! Whether as an enhancement to your present training or as a transition toward an alternative career path, Kids Brain Health provides financial support for internships and practicum opportunities in industry or community organization settings. We are also seeking partners who are receptive to giving bright and well-trained analytical minds a exposure to new perspectives and career opportunities. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.